Sunday, June 5, 2011

Free Advertising Forever: For REAL

The call came in very early in the morning and actually woke me up.

“Hello,” I croaked into my cell phone trying to hide my annoyance and irritation at being woken up so early.

“I got my first customer.”

I tried to quickly figure out who this guy with such terrible telephone manners was.

“Who is this?” I asked.

The excited almost breathless voice on the other hand identified itself. I had organized what I call a free ads for life program for this particular client. I remembered him well mainly because he had been very skeptical right from the beginning. He had told me he was sure this was not going to work and that he was wasting his money.

Apparently what I had done for him had worked and this was why he was so excited that he didn’t care about waking me up. Luckily for him his excitement and sheer elation was contagious.

What had I done for him?

Do you know the way you search for stuff on Google and key in a few words to look for what it is you are looking for? In the case of this client he sells PABX telephone systems. And so a prospective client had keyed in those words on Google and found him and presto he had gotten business worth a substantial amount.

This is what I call my free ads for life program where I do a little research first to find out the keyword phrases that prospective clients are using to look for a particular service or product. I then set up a simple web page and optimize it so that those guys desperate for the particular product will quickly find it. That’s all. Simple and it works. The best free advertising you will ever do.

Now most people don’t understand that even if your web page optimized for search engines like Google is found in this way by only two or three people every day, those few people are much more valuable than receiving thousands of visits from people who are just curious.

What is the big difference?

The difference is that those two or three people are interested in exactly what it is that you offer as opposed to thousands who found you through some link they saw on a website they visited.

It is the difference between a curious walk-in client you get in your shop and another who comes in and specifically asks: “are you the people with this special sale on car parts?” Who is much more likely to buy?

There are numerous small businesses and even larger ones that have discovered this free ads for life secret and the impact has been phenomenal for them.

----------------------------------
Interested in getting this Free ads for life program working for you and whatever it is that you are selling?
Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment